Resumption of In-Person Activities
We can now hold face to face events again as long as they follow the guidelines in the link below.
Please note that regular activities may not necessarily have resumed, or may have changed location in order to meet guidelines.
Lochac's latest news regarding COVID-19 can be found here:
Useful links & documents for Lochac regarding COVID-19 can be found here:
Toys for Tots
Add event membership for non-members: $10 for adults, $5 for under 18
With Christmas right around the corner, The Barony of Aneala will play host to our annual Toys for Tots Tournament charity drive!
Come and join us on the 5th of December for a day of armoured and rapier tournaments, a 'Red' themed A&S competition and merriment, and help us help our community.
Set-up will be from 9.30am, with the Event to start at 10am.
As is tradition, the “entry fee” for SCA members will be a toy suitable for the Foster Care Shed for children in foster care homes.
Please note all food is BYO, and please keep social distancing rules in mind.
There is also a kiosk on site if extra cool drinks, ice creams or caffeine are required ;)
When: Sunday 5th December from 9.30am
Where: Garvey Park Picnic Area 2 (south of the playground area)
Cost: At least one toy to be donated to charity (plus a $10 event fee applies to non-members) *Please ensure toys are new and in original packaging but not wrapped*
You are invited to meet for a feast over water in neutral territory - being truly out of land, out of time, and out of place. An outlandish experience.
Event begins at 5:30pm and Their Excellencies the Baron and Baroness of Aneala have been invited to hold Court.
The feast shall be held at Annalakshmi on Saturday 12 December, providing a feast of Indian cuisine. Annalakshmi provides vegetarian dining from the Indian culture, with recipes handed down from one generation to the next for thousands of years.
This is a sit down service of a set menu, with the staff of Annalakshmi bringing you food and drink to your table.
Gluten free options are available. Candles are allowed to add to the ambience. No smoking and no alcohol is permitted.
The site is wheelchair accessible with a lift and disabled toilets available.
Numbers are restricted, so book early! Bookings close 5th December 2020.
Book using this link: https://www.cognitoforms.com/DragonsBay1/OutlandishFeast
Non-Members: $10 adults and $5 children (event insurance fee)
On the same night that the long-awaited Crown tourney will be fought and the victors subsequently Crowned in the East of Lochac, the Barony of Aneala will gather together in celebration for a summer picnic in a beautiful garden.
Please bring along chairs & tables and a picnic feast (to be shared only with your family group). You may also wish to bring electronic candles to add light and ambience in a fire-safe way.
Activities on the evening will include games such as kubb and jomswikinger, country-style dances such as Jenny Plucks Pears and Goddesses, singing, and opportunities for willing performers to entertain the populace.
There will be an open Arts & Sciences competition. There will be no tournament held, but the venue is suitable for combat for those wishing to bring armour and do pick-up fights.
Participants are reminded that if they are unwell or showing cold or flu-like symptoms, they must not attend.
Bookings not required.
- Baronial Meeting. 3rd Friday of each month, room opens at 7pm for a 7:30pm start. (Contact Baron and Baroness).
- Archery. Sunday from 10am. Lake Monger Primary School, Dodd St, Wembley. (Contact Archery Marshal).
- Fighter Training. Sunday from 10am. Lake Monger Primary School, Dodd St, Wembley. (Contact Armoured Marshal).
- Rapier Combat. Sunday from 10am. Lake Monger Primary School, Dodd St, Wembley. (Contact Rapier Marshal).
Please check the Dragon's Bay website for details
Other non-SCA events of interest
- Music and Singing. For times and venues, contact Lady Isabel.
- Scribes. Monday nights. Contact Mistress Branwen.
- Dancing is on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month. Contact Baroness Elizabeth.
Event Booking Policy
- Payment for all bookings must be made in advance of the event by the date advised in the booking confirmation email. If payment is not received by the due date your booking will be cancelled.
- Payment may be made either online or at any Westpac bank branch.
- Payment will not be accepted at the door except in exceptional circumstances and only by prior approval from the bookings officer and event steward.